Director of Ski School and Activities
Job Title: Director of Ski School and Activities
In alignment with the Resort’s vision, mission and organizational values, the Ski School & Activities Director will oversee programming, staffing and operations for Camelback Resort’s Ski School, including recruiting, hiring, training, and daily operations. They will curate guest activities and hotel-driven special events; create partnerships with third-parties for guest experiences; and partner with marketing to secure sponsorships to drive new/increased top-line revenue and business goals.
· Recruit Top Talent of all PSIA instructor levels.
· Develop Ski School Programing and suggested pricing.
· Oversees the supervision, coaching, mentoring, and appraisal of instructors and attendants.
· Responsible for the development and training of ski/snowboard instructors.
· Design,plan and promote diverse programs for guest experiences on an ongoing basis.
Next Level Duties:
· Hire vendors, bands, and entertainers; agree on fees and times; contract for and monitors vendors/entertainment.
· Ensure that budget parameters and controls are implemented and that corrective actions are taken if necessary, to help meet budgeted expense and revenue goals .
· Evaluate new revenue opportunities related to ski school, events, activities and guest experiences.
· Identify, recommend and act upon any potential partnership opportunities that create a positive guest experience and potential revenue.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
· PSIA/AASI ski or snowboard certification – Level II or higher preferred
· Significant planning experience that includes a blend of strategy and programming experience
· Demonstrated experience managing revenue and expense financials and budgeting/forecasting
· Strong organizational, leadership and project management skills are required. Must be able to lead and coach a large team, think strategically, and handle multiple projects.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve business goals through aligning people, process, structure, information and communication systems in a rapidly growing/dynamic market(s).
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.