Director of Ancillary Revenue Optimization
Camelback Resort Job Description
Job Title: Director of Ancillary Revenue Optimization
Department: Revenue Management
Reports to: VP of Revenue Optimization
The purpose of this position is to implement a successful revenue management strategy to meet and/or exceed the revenue goals for the Resort. Key function of this position will develop, implement and steward the revenue and distribution strategies for all ancillary departments. Accountable for all pricing, forecasting, business evaluation, reporting and inventory management – through systems, reports, spreadsheets and other tools as introduced by VP of Revenue Optimization. Oversees all processes associated with demand, revenue, inventory, forecasting, business strategy, day-by-day budgeting and opportunity analysis. Works with Executive leadership and other colleagues as advised to develop, recommend and maintain optimal sales strategies across all distribution channels for pricing of all customer segments including accuracy of information online and through the property management system(s) and all related interfaces. Ensure all strategies deployed are consistent with core objectives and operational SOPs.
Must have Qualifications:
- The desired candidate will have a minimum of 5 years-experience in brand and independent resorts with a focus on Revenue Management, and a proven record of success.
- S/he will have excellent knowledge – and at the forefront – regarding all facets of related technology (Property Management Systems, Liaison Interfaces, Sales & Catering, Duetto or other RMS experience, Contact Center, Global Distribution Systems, Sabre/Synxis/CRS, distribution software for aggregated channel management, web booking engines, etc.) and will possess a blend of both operational and sales expertise.
- A self-starter, with fresh eyes and an insatiable appetite for information, will be key to success. S/he will be innovative yet analytical; a thoughtful communicator who comes from purpose and is undaunted by challenges or stressful situations. The candidates will have a high degree and a genuine commitment to integrity.
- The individual should be highly confident of their abilities and be considered a detail-oriented person who can tackle complex assignments.
- Effective coaching, development and decision-making skills with interest in self-development. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Achieve and exceed budgeted targets and revenue goals annually through the successful creation and implementation of a revenue management strategy.
- Review the strategy, sales and marketing practices, making changes and recommendations as appropriate.
- Develop and implement an updated strategic plan that includes more optimally identifying, penetrating and converting customers in the targeted segments. The plan will include recommendations for sales strategy, pricing, relationship management, marketing programs – including digital.
- Constantly benchmark the competitive set in terms of product, location, pricing, service and distribution.
- Optimize pricing and inventory by tracking consumer demand and market conditions utilizing revenue management system (RMS) ensuring data integrity and system usage best practices set by VP of Revenue Optimization.
- Drive profitability by selling through the right sales channels, including rooms, F&B, group meetings, weddings, and ancillary services.
- Assist in the preparation of revenue strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation.
- Analyzes data dynamically each week to identify trends, fill short-term need times and assess 30-60-90 day forecast obstacles to achieving goals and modifying sales strategies accordingly.
- Manages to budget by reviewing operating statements, preparing daily/weekly/monthly/annual forecasts and reports.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.