Job Title: Cost Controller
Reports to: Director of Finance
To monitor and control all procedures that affect the receipt, issuance, general controls in the Resort and to ensure that all control functions are established and enforced according to Accounting & Finance Manual policies and procedures.
· Establish and maintain local policies as they relate to the receipt, issuance and general controls.
· Maintain federal and state tax guides as updates are received.
· Maintain accuracy of POS and Purchasing System data and ensure hardware is in good working order.
· Cost and record steward sales, house charges, employee meals and other similar cost credit items daily.
· Monitor process for all house account meals and entertainment expenses (80-20 rule) and report any non-compliance to the Assistant Director of Finance for follow-up with the Resort management.
Next Level Duties:
- · Maintain menu costings on all food and beverage items and make F&B Management aware of any pricing problems.
- · Constantly monitor all controls to ensure compliance with KSL policies and procedures.
- · Perform any spot checks as prescribed in the Control Manual.
- · Coordinate, attend and monitor all physical inventories to ensure accuracy.
- · Verify, extend and tabulate the above inventories and prepare monthly inventory adjustments journal entry.
- · Prepare comprehensive Cost and Control Report by the 10th day of the following month.
- · Maintain a close working relationship with the Food and Beverage Director, Executive Chef and Director of Purchasing and make them aware of any potential problems or opportunities to improve the controls.
- · Attend department Meetings to review prior month's cost report to highlight actions needed with focus on opportunities.
- · Conduct self in a professional manner always to reflect the high standards of KSL and encourage staff to do the same.
- · Perform additional duties assigned by the Assistant Director of Finance, including Operating Equipment inventory taking.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- · Must have a thorough working knowledge of all corporate policies and procedures as they relate to cost Control.
- · Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish major responsibilities and tasks.
- · Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- · Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to food and beverage control.
- · Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.