Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Maintain a system of purchase orders, receipts, invoices and check requests in order to promptly and adequately support, document and process for payment all Resort payables according to KSL policies and procedures.
· Verify that all invoices are supported by duly approved purchase orders when required, signed receiving documentation and/or the approval of authorized management personnel.
· Verify prices, quantities and extensions against purchase order as required, and initial the invoice when verified. Bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Cost Controller.
· Maintain alphabetical files by vendor containing complete invoices and backup attached to the checks for efficient access after payment. All filing is to be kept current.
· Process all Accounts Payable invoices and manual checks through the back-office system.
· Forward all stop payment and void checks to the Assistant Director of Finance for journalizing.
Next Level Duties:
· Check vendor statements as they are received and resolve all discrepancies directly with the vendor.
· Prepare manual checks as they are required if directed by Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
· Run the required reports at month end to close the Accounts Payable cycle.
· Prepare journal entry for accrual of invoices received after closing and for goods and services received, but not yet invoiced.
· Maintain a separate file for purchases of all operating equipment items (china, glass, silver and linen) and capital items under the direction of the Cost Controller.
· Assist in the preparation of all Accounts Payable documentation for archiving on an annual basis if needed.
· Maintain, and constantly update, an approved vendor listing file with appropriate tax and contract documents.
· Conduct self in a professional manner always to reflect the high standards of KSL.
· Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Finance or Cost Controller.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish the above task.
· Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Accounts Payable.
· Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.