Payroll and Labor Manager
Job Title: Payroll and Labor Manager
Reports to: Assistant Director of Finance
The goal of the Payroll and Labor Manager is to provide the management of the hotel with the information necessary for them to effectively control their labor costs and thereby increase the profitability of the hotel.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
· Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
· Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
· Must be self-motivating and have a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
Next Level Duties:
· Review, verify and process payroll data for preparation of checks.
· Assist the Human Resources Department in maintaining vacation, pension and incentive accruals.
· Maintain tip declaration file and sales by server for all F&B tipped employees to ensure tip allocation when necessary.
· Prepare monthly payroll Journal Entries.
· Monitor payroll procedures and practices to ensure adherence to all applicable laws and established guidelines.
· Meet with division and department heads and observe the actual work being performed in each department in order to establish labor standards for all job categories within the Resort.
· Once labor standards are established, review each department at least twice per year to determine the adequacy of their labor standards.
· Propose changes to labor standards, when necessary and implement them only after approval by senior management (Chief Operating Office & Chief Financial Officer).
· Produce a Daily Labor Report, including explanation of "major" variances to established labor standards
· During the budget process, assist the department heads in producing their annual labor budgets taking actual history and labor standards in account.
· If necessary, assist department heads in setting up computerized scheduling modules based upon their labor standards.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
- Must be self-motivating and have a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.