Director of Security
Security & Safety
Job Title: Director of Security
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
Director of Security will develop and maintain a pro-active security / loss prevention program designed to ensure a safe and secure environment for hotel guests and employees.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Interview, select, review, and counsel security officers to maintain order throughout the hotel.
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building.
Next Level Duties:
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of hotel regulations, policies and procedures
- Develops, implements and manages security training
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning
- Promote safe work practices.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards and preventative measures.
- Develop, revise, and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
- Investigate accidents, thefts, property loss, and unlawful activities.
- Document details and advise management
- Responsible for maintaining through knowledge of the law and local police ordinances.
- Keep training manuals, such as Safety, Bomb Threat and Emergency Procedures, up to date.
Must Have Personal Qualifications:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or a closely related field, minimum number of yrs (2-5) in either a Director or comparable leadership role.
- Experience in a hotel, hospitality or a related field preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Principles and practices of security management, including business management practices, personnel practices, administrative practices, security preventative practices, investigatory practices, and related legal responsibilities
- Must be proficient in Windows, Excel, and Outlook operating systems
- Knowledge of city laws and ordinances
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.