Director of Ski Patrol and Medical Services
Job Title: Director of Ski Patrol & Medical Services
Department: Risk and Safety
Reports to: Senior Director of Loss Prevention
The Director of Ski Patrol & Medical Services will lead a team of paid and volunteer patrol and medical associates for optimal safety and guest care. Assists in preparing and managing both operational and capital budgets. First Aid and Ski Patrol are a highly visible roles at the Resort and this position requires active engagement with guests and employees.
Must have Qualifications:
· Must be certified as an Outdoor Emergency Care Technician. Higher level certification (such as Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic a plus)
· Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
· Must have 2 years experience as a Ski Patroller.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook and be able to navigate Corporate intranet sites
· Able to handle conflict with diplomacy and tact. Must be successful with influencing a positive culture, leading change, empowering the workforce and driving employee engagement
· Capable to understand and train in lift evacuation procedures
· Goal-oriented with a strong commitment to Camelback Mountain Resort. Flexible and open-minded approach to challenges.
· Able to work weekends and holidays as required
· Oversees and provides pre-hospital care and transportation to injured or ill guests and employees on resort property. Ensures all care is appropriately documented in Camelback’s system of record (1Risk).
· Manages and supervises staff to ensure compliance with local, state, and national protocols and procedures. Leads and develops new and returning staff for continued success of the Ski Patrol/First Aid team. Ensures appropriate medical coverage at Camelback venues and events.
· Assures patrol is well trained in medical rescue, lift evacuation, technical rescue, night search, trail work, safety, and guest service.
· Assist in preparing and monitoring budget and help to prepare monthly forecasts. Orders and monitors medical supply levels at 4 First Aid locations throughout the Resort.
· Hire, train, and evaluate performance of supervisors.
· Administrative duties such as goal setting, performance management, performance appraisals, training, scheduling, work comp, payroll, budget management and anything else necessary for the successful operation of the Risk Management and Safety Department.
· Work with all other Departments which includes but is not limited to: Mountain Operations, Base Operations, Snowmaking, Food and Beverage, Ski School, Race Department, Aquatics, Marketing and Events, and Human Resources, to maintain efficient operations. Assist with follow through on all HR and employee relations matters. Serves as an active member of the Safety Committee.
· Report to the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for injuries/illnesses that have occurred on attractions registered with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture per state guidelines.
More About Camelback:
Voted #1 Indoor Waterpark in the USA and #1 Ski Resort in Pennsylvania, Camelback Resort encompasses more year-round amenities than any other mountain resort in the country; adventure on the zip lines, ropes course, mountain coaster and more with fun for the entire family.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team. Camelback Resort offers competitive wages, generous benefits (including health insurance, vacation, and 401K), and INCREDIBLE PERKS; such as complimentary access to Camelbeach, Aquatopia, and over 15 area amusement parks and attractions. Don’t waste time; apply today!
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by Camelback Resort at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.