Food and Beverage
Full and/or Part Time
Responsible for providing attentive service to all customers while taking and serving food and beverage orders while presenting him/herself as a positive reflection of the venue. Full and part time positions available. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Help guests select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
- Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording guests' choices; identifying guests' special dietary needs and special requests
- Serve orders by picking up and delivering guests' choices from bar and kitchen; deliver accompaniments and condiments from service bars
- Respond to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process
- Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Obtain revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host; returning change or credit card and signature slip to guests
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Attends staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and stand. The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir, pour, carry, push and lift objects up to 75 pounds. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- ServSafe and/or RAMP certification preferred
- 2 years of experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food/alcohol serving and safety
- Basic problem solving and decision making skills
- Possess basic computer and POS system abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.