Food and Beverage
Responsible for meeting, greeting, and seating guests, in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Seats guests and manages the flow of reservations to maximize the guest experience.
- Answers phone calls and answer guest inquiries
- Takes, tracks and organizes reservations, group seating requests, and any other special request as needed.
- Completes to-go orders
- Approaches guest and collects information needed to assist with seat and bar arrangements.
- Constantly provides guests with accurate information about the venue and property as well as entertainment offered in each.
- Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate guest and team members needs when the opportunity arises.
- Maintains knowledge of the venue floor plan and table numbers, seating the room evenly and consistently per venue management’s instruction.
- Communicates with management, and service staff immediately to rectify any and all guest needs and requests.
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required and follows cash handling policies and procedures
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment that is in compliance with the District health codes at all times.
- Comply with all state and federal liquor laws.
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform all other duties as requested
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, hear, and speak. This position is very active and requires continuous reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping and wiping. The employee must be able to manipulate fingers, hands, and arms to serve, carry and wipe.
The employee must frequently lift and move items over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Professional Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant.
- Prior cash handling experience preferred.
- Possession of knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and processes relating to food/alcohol serving and safety
- Possess basic computer and POS system abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently
- Follow and enforce all hotel standards
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends & holidays.